1.12.2011

Human Alien Romances

Another reason I haven't posted any since our break is because, and I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, I've been watching Roswell.


In a little over a week's time, I watched all three seasons of the show. All three seasons? Yes. In 8 days? Yes. Uhm, I pretty much ate, slept, and watched Roswell. Since I devoted every possible minute that I was not working and sleeping to Roswell, I decided to share this obsession that is now over with you. I first saw most of the show in high school when it premiered on the WB (which became UPN and is now known as The CW network). I loved it in high school and completely swooned over the tumultuous relationships of half human alien boys with human girlfriends. Last week I happened to find the entire series on Instant Netflix and thought this would be a fun thing to watch over the summer. I put it in my queue and then decided to watch just the pilot. That was my mistake. Eight days later I emerged from my Roswell cocoon unaware that this was the real world and I had been a TV series induced coma for a week. I'm back now, and although I am sad I have no more of it to watch, I am relieved to be "less busy".

Although I dedicated a good amount of time into this series, I am not recommending that you dash to a rental facility to get it. It is intended for an audience that can handle the gushy ups and downs of a late 90's sci-fi teen drama. I personally loved it, but as Ike likes to point out, I seem to like things most people do not. With that I will leave you with a few pics from the series.

image source
It's sooo 90's clothing, but I like it.

image source
Alien Powers!

image source
The soul mates :0)

Ok I'm done. I feel like I'm 14 again.

Next up: Dawson's Creek? Felicity? Or something a little more age appropriate?

-Jewel

No comments: